Larry Krantz Flute Pages: Scale Practice Routine - James Galway
Scale Practice Routine:
suggested by James Galway
at the 1997 NFA Flute Convention - Chicago
Thanks to James Galway for allowing this page to be published.
- ABOVE: first 5 note pattern in C Major.
- Play as smoothly as possible without accenting any notes.
- Play with your best possible sound on each note.
- Begin slowly and gradually speed up over time as your technique improves.
- Continue up the range of the flute with each consecutive 5 note pattern.
- Continue the same approach in ALL keys - plan on investing lots of time to each key.
Return to Teaching Tips